Thursday, March 30, 2006

It begins ..... whoo hoo!!

Starting Monday, I've signifcantly changed my morning routine from:

- wake up, oftentimes on the couch with the TV still on
- make coffee, feed cat
- first cig while trolling through my email accounts
- drink half a pot of coffee with ass on couch until I realize I am starving at noon

Monday, weather was gorgeous, so here's what changed:

- woke up in my bed, windows open, breezes blowing, sun shining (I realize those last two are not within my control, no matter how positively they affect my motivation) at about 6am
- made coffee, fed cat
- sneeks on, hair up - broke out and took a brisk run/walk about a mile or so around the 'hood
- back home, threw the "buns and thighs" pilates DVD in and burned with crazylady for 20 mins
- made my first cup of coffee and fixed a yogurt/granola bowl
- checked the email

What I learned -

1) MJ "dont stop 'til you get enough" is a great workout tune
2) dont look down when you trot on the more well travelled roads - its icky to see what people anonymously toss out their windows
3) smokers lungs make a 36yr old feel like at 56 yr old - working back to PINK
4) the hill on Overlook Drive should be sooner rather than later in my trek - at least for now
5) sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy - so do crocuses !
6) I have done this every morning this week and I already feel stronger, faster, better every day

New interim goal - be running this route at a good pace by the time the forsythia is in bloom.

Tonight it'll be two weeks with no smokes.

Anyone have ideas for strength training I can do at home ? Have no interest in joining a gym - sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home