Monday, July 24, 2006

Weather Reports and Incentivizing

Thunderstorms would suck. I am not taking any weather reports seriously until Thursday.

KFAC just sent this out to all participants:
Thanks to Old Town and GQ: Old Town has generously donated some of the sweet KFAC VI Cayuga kayaks to the people that raise the most funds between 12:01am EST Monday 24 July and 11:59pm EST Friday July 28th. The high committee will select the winners, with the help of the database. And we reserve the right to give out more than one! That's it. For once, starting late has paid off! Game on!

Hmmmm. Thanks to all of you, I had an incredibly fast start, and was thrilled to go into the Kickoff Party at #1, and hold that position for quite a few weeks. If any of you have any gas left in the car that's great, but I am not in this to win a kayak for myself, rather (as you all know) I am in this to improve my own personal fitness and support the KFAC charities. And my personal goals have been reached - you've come out to support me like I never would have believed. I honestly was hoping to raise $1000 - not $3000! and 130 smoke free days .....

This week is about healthy eating, no cocktails (had a beer at Pepes last night, that's it until the beach party), low impact strength conditioning. Yes I am nervous, excited, all that, but crossing is NOT optional.

Here's the big question - after this event, what's next ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home