Friday, July 21, 2006

$50 away from $3000 - anyone care to round up my number ?

Eight (8!!) days until launch kids. So fired up I cannot tell you. Recent contributions from the Meeker and Sargent clans, and newlyweds Allison and Adam (thank you all!) have me sooo close. I know there are still a few lurkers who can push me over $3k. Now is the time to throw your pennies in the till guys. Down to the wire.

Shut down one of the wiseass boys at the bar tonight when I held my ground in an arm wrestle (this kid is 6ft tall and easily 200 lbs). Heh. The arms and abs are ready. Michael, you were right - Popeye arms is more like it - Madonna arms are still developing. Lower arms are tight and strong tho! Gotta get the uppers cut now. Pull ups are soooo out of the question.

I'll be wearing all your names on a shirt when I cross, and for those of you who commemorated loved ones in the "memory of" of "honor of" I will also have their names listed separately, along with my personal inspirations for this trip:

my grandfather Steve Kisiel who lost a valiant battle with lung cancer at 80 after living every day of his life with passion and vigor, and I am sure he'd still be with us if the cancer hadn't taken him

my dear friend Susan V, who fought and beat cancer all while caring for her infant son so many years ago

my cousin Jean W, one of the smartest, strongest and funniest women I know, who is courageously fighting her own battle with cancer right now


Let me know if there is anyone else you want me to remember and I will. You are all coming with me across the water, you know.

Also, I just finished the Paddling the Saugatuck entry below ..... complete with photos and thinly veiled snide remarks .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home